Wiggle Amy’s Gran Fondo raises much-needed funds for the Amy Gillett Foundation to continue its work of advocating for a minimum safe passing distance in every state in Australia.
By fundraising for Wiggle Amy’s Gran Fondo you are helping us to achieve our fundraising goal of $100,000. And as our way of thanking you, we are giving you the opportunity to start at the front of the peloton.
These funds will be used to support our advocacy for minimum passing distances in Victoria and the Northern Territory as well as ensuring the trials in the ACT and NSW deliver permanent laws.
8 reasons why a metre matters:
• It’s simply about drivers not hitting cyclists
• It provides a virtual bike lane for cyclists
• It reduces the risk of crashes when drivers pass cyclists
• Over 1 in 10 of all cyclist crashes in Victoria involve a vehicle overtaking a cyclist
• Cyclists are legitimate and vulnerable road users who need space when sharing the road with drivers
• These are practical measurement for drivers
• Better infrastructure is critical for safe cycling but we cannot afford to wait for safe cycling infrastructure to be built. Separated bike lanes will never be in every street in Australia. An immediate way to make cyclists safer is for drivers to give them enough space
• Awareness is not enough – education, legislation and enforcement for behaviour change is needed
Find out more about a metre matters here.
The AGF is the only active cycling charity in Australia with Deductible Gift Recipient status meaning that all donations over $2 are tax deductible.