$10 discount for Cycling Australia Members
Gravel Fondo is now an Australian Championship.
Tired of riding on sealed roads? The 65km Gravel Fondo offers an alternative for those wanting an unpaved option through the stunning Otway Ranges. It’s also now an Australian Championship.
Gravel Grinding is riding a bike on gravel, loose stones or any unpaved surface using any type of bike including cyclo-cross, mountain bike, gravel grinder or hybrid. Gravel riding racing has seen a growth over the past years to be popular with mountain bike, cyclocross and road cyclist. Cycling Australia and Mountain Bike Australia are pleased to endorse the Australian Championships to be conducted under these regulations.
These regulations do not supplant existing UCI regulations with regards to General Organisation of cycling as a sport, Anti-Doping Rules and Discipline and Procedures.
Merchandise is available at checkout! View the range.
- Free rider photos
- Online Safety Briefing (Available 20 August 2018)
- Earn great fundraising rewards
- Sponsor Discounts
- Numbered Timing and Helmet Sticker plus course Mokka
- Rider Guide
- AID Station Food and Drinks
- SAG Wagon Support
- Medical Support
- Police Support
- Moto Scout Support
- Post Ride Pasta
- Date: Saturday 15 September 2018
- Start Time: 09:00am
- Start Location: QDOS Art Gallery, 35 Allenvale Road Lorne, Victoria, Australia
- Distance: 65km
- Format: Timed Recreational Gravel Grind
- Start Groups: 18-20km/h, 21-25km/h, 26-30km/h, 30+km/h
- Minimum Age: 16 years (Age at 16 September 2018)
- Entries Close: Midnight Wednesday 12 September
- Refund Dates: 75% refund ends midday 13 July, 50% refund ends midday 10 August.
- Event Village Hours: Saturday 15 September 10:00am-4:00pm / Sunday 16 September 7:00am-4:00pm