60km CA Gravel National Championships / 60km Recreational / 45km Recreational
Date: Saturday 14 September 2019
Start Time: 09:00am
Start Location: Allenvale Rd Car Park https://goo.gl/maps/budJTVVs46p9iuz59
(Ride to start line from Lorne parking George St or similar – No parking at start line – drop off only)
Registration / Timing Sticker Collection: 7:00am to 845am AT STARTLINE
Coffee (HAH Lornebeach Coffee Cart) & Bike Service (Fuel Performance)? Both available from 7:00am to 8:45am AT STARTLINE
Presentations; Made at the finish line once categories become available from Timing
MORE INFORMATION BELOW
That means, whatever your age, you can qualify to represent Australia!
Tired of riding on sealed roads? The 60km Gravel Fondo offers an alternative for those wanting an unpaved option through the stunning Otway Ranges. It’s also now an Australian Championship.
45km Recreational option also available.
Gravel Grinding is riding a bike on gravel, loose stones or any unpaved surface using any type of bike including cyclo-cross, mountain bike, gravel grinder or hybrid. Gravel riding racing has seen a growth over the past years to be popular with mountain bike, cyclocross and road cyclist. Cycling Australia and Mountain Bike Australia are pleased to endorse the 2019 Cyclist Gravel National Championships to be conducted under these regulations.
These regulations do not supplant existing UCI regulations with regards to General Organisation of cycling as a sport, Anti-Doping Rules and Discipline and Procedures.
View & Download the Course Map
- Earn great fundraising rewards
- Sponsor Discounts
- Numbered Timing
- Rider Guide
- Aid Station Food and Drinks
- SAG Wagon Support
- Medical Support
- Moto Scout Support
- Closed Road
- Date: Saturday 14 September 2019
- Start Time: 09:00am
- Start Location: Allenvale Rd Car Park
- (Ride to start line from Lorne parking George St or similar - No parking at start line - drop off only)
- Registration / Timing Sticker Collection: 7:00am to 845am AT STARTLINE
- Format: Timed Recreational Gravel Grind
- Minimum Age: 15 Years Old at 31 Dec 2019
- Entries Close: Midnight Wednesday 11 September
- Refund Dates: 75% refund ends midday 13 July, 50% refund ends midday 10 August.
Gravel Australian Championships
- Elite & Expert M & W - 60km
- Masters M & W - 1 to 10 - 60km
- Junior M & W - 60km
- Under 17 M & W - 45km
- Under 15 M & W - 24km
- Ages for all categories will be calculated based on age at 31st December of the year of the championship.
Recreational Category (Distance nominated in registration)
- 15 and Over - 60km or 45km Nominated in Registration (same pricing) 45km doesn't have lapping section.
Category / Age Groups
- Elite Men and Women (19yrs +)
- Expert Men and Women (19-29yrs)
- Junior Men and Women (17-18yrs)
- Under 17 Men and Women (15-16yrs)
- Under 15 Men and Women (13-14yrs)
- Masters 1 Men and Women (30-34yrs)
- Masters 2 Men and Women (35-39yrs)
- Masters 3 Men and Women (40-44yrs)
Category / Age Groups
- Masters 4 Men and Women (45-49yrs)
- Masters 5 Men and Women (50-54yrs)
- Masters 6 Men and Women (55-59yrs)
- Masters 7 Men and Women (60-64yrs)
- Masters 8 Men and Women (65-69yrs)
- Masters 9 Men and Women (70-74yrs)
- Masters 10 Men and Women (75-79yrs)