* Plus booking and merchant fee, $10 discount for Cycling Australia Members.
Gravel Fondo now incorporates the Cyclist Gravel National Championships.
That means, whatever your age, you can qualify to represent Australia!
Tired of riding on sealed roads? The 65km Gravel Fondo offers an alternative for those wanting an unpaved option through the stunning Otway Ranges. It’s also now an Australian Championship.
Gravel Grinding is riding a bike on gravel, loose stones or any unpaved surface using any type of bike including cyclo-cross, mountain bike, gravel grinder or hybrid. Gravel riding racing has seen a growth over the past years to be popular with mountain bike, cyclocross and road cyclist. Cycling Australia and Mountain Bike Australia are pleased to endorse the 2018 Cyclist Gravel National Championships to be conducted under these regulations.
These regulations do not supplant existing UCI regulations with regards to General Organisation of cycling as a sport, Anti-Doping Rules and Discipline and Procedures.
View & Download the Course Map
Merchandise is available at checkout! View the range.
- Free rider photos
- Online Safety Briefing (Available 20 August 2018)
- Earn great fundraising rewards
- Sponsor Discounts
- Numbered Timing and Helmet Sticker plus course Mokka
- Rider Guide
- AID Station Food and Drinks
- SAG Wagon Support
- Medical Support
- Police Support
- Moto Scout Support
- Date: Saturday 15 September 2018
- Start Time: 09:00am
- Start Location: Sheoak Picnic Area, Garvey Track Lorne (No Parking) Park and ride to start line.
- Format: Timed Recreational Gravel Grind
- Minimum Age: 16 years (Age at 16 September 2018)
- Entries Close: Midnight Wednesday 12 September
- Refund Dates: 75% refund ends midday 13 July, 50% refund ends midday 10 August.
- Event Village Hours: Saturday 15 September 10:00am-4:00pm / Sunday 16 September 7:00am-4:00pm
Gravel Australian Championships
- Elite & Expert M & W - 55.6km
- Masters M & W - 1 to 10 - 55.6km
- Junior M & W - 55.6km
- Under 17 M & W - 40.3km
- Under 15 M & W - 21km
- Ages for all categories will be calculated based on age at 31st December of the year of the championship.
Recreational Category (Distance nominated in registration)
- 15 and Over - 55.6km or 40.3km
Category / Age Groups
- Elite Men and Women (19yrs +)
- Expert Men and Women (19-29yrs)
- Junior Men and Women (17-18yrs)
- Under 17 Men and Women (15-16yrs)
- Under 15 Men and Women (13-14yrs)
- Masters 1 Men and Women (30-34yrs)
- Masters 2 Men and Women (35-39yrs)
- Masters 3 Men and Women (40-44yrs)
- Masters 4 Men and Women (45-49yrs)
- Masters 5 Men and Women (50-54yrs)
- Masters 6 Men and Women (55-59yrs)
- Masters 7 Men and Women (60-64yrs)
- Masters 8 Men and Women (65-69yrs)
- Masters 9 Men and Women (70-74yrs)
- Masters 10 Men and Women (75-79yrs)