Amy’s Medio Fondo 45km (Apollo Bay to Lorne)
Amy’s Great Ocean Road Gran Fondo is one of the few events on the Australian cycling calendar that provides the safe and unique experience of riding on a fully closed road. Coupled with a compulsory online safety briefing for all riders, Amy’s Great Ocean Road Gran Fondo aims to be the safest event in Australia.
The Medio Fondo starts in Apollo Bay and finishes in Lorne – the 45km event travels along the most scenic parts of the Great Ocean Road with participants having the chance to stop at a number of lookout along the way. The distance, terrain and sensational scenery of the Surf Coast and Colac Otway regions makes for a great first-timers event and the ideal location for the Medio Fondo.
Apollo Bay and the surrounding towns are an ideal place to base yourself for the weekend, to find a place to stay please see this link – https://amysgranfondo.org.au/accommodation/.
Bus and Bike Transfers:
Bus and Bike Transfers can be booked during the registration process, please note that some of these options have limited spots, see options and pricing below:
Pre Event Option 1 – Self Drop Drop your bike off yourself to Apollo Bay:
- Between 3:30 and 6:00pm on Saturday and then jump on the 8am bus on Sunday from Lorne to Apollo Bay Cost = $20
Pre Event Option 2 – Medio Fondo Saturday Bike Transfer – Saturday before 4pm / Sunday Bus Transfer – Sun 8am, Lorne to Apollo Bay – $30
Pre Event Option 3 – Medio Fondo Sunday Bike & Bus Transfer – Sun 8am, Lorne to Apollo Bay – $60
Post Event Transport – Post Event Medio Fondo Bike & Bus Transfer – Sun 3:30pm, Lorne to Apollo Bay – $30
Click to Enlarge Static Map or scroll for an interactive map at page bottom.
|45KM MEDIO PRICE||$145||$145||$155||$155||$165|
– $10 discount for Cycling Australia Members.
– Additional 10% Discount for Groups of 4 or more that pay in one transaction OR as part of a ‘Group’, set up in your registration. Please email email@example.com for more information about setting up a group and getting 10% off all riders.
– Rider Friendly COVID-19 Registration Protection Policy HERE
– Plus booking and merchant fee
- Date: Sunday 8th November 2020
- Start Time: 11.00am
- Start Location: Hardy Street – Foreshore Parking Area, Apollo Bay, Victoria, Australia
- Distance: 45km
- Format: Fully Closed Road Timed Recreational Ride
- Start Groups: 18-20km/h, 21-25km/h, 26-30km/h, 30+km/h
- Minimum Age: 12 years (at 31 December 2020)
- Entries Close: Midnight Wednesday prior to event
- Fully Closed Roads
- Fundraise your way to the front of your start group and earn other great fundraising rewards
- Free rider photos
- Online Safety Briefing
- Sponsor Discounts
- Numbered Timing and Helmet Sticker plus course Mokka
- Rider Guide
- AID Station Food and Drinks
- SAG Wagon Support
- Medical Support
- Police Support
- Moto Scout Support
- Post Ride Recovery Area