Amy’s Great Ocean Road Gran Fondo 130km Recreational Category
Amy’s Great Ocean Road Gran Fondo 130km is one of the few events on the Australian cycling calendar that provides the safe and unique experience of riding on a fully closed road. Coupled with a compulsory online safety briefing for all riders, Amy’s Gran Fondo aims to be the safest event in Australia. A ‘Gran Fondo’ is an age-old Italian cycling term, meaning ‘great endurance’. Traditionally a Gran Fondo is a timed event that has a scenic, challenging, mountainous course. The distance, terrain and sensational scenery of the Surf Coast and Colac Otway regions makes for a challenging ride and the ideal location for a Gran Fondo.
Riders receive ‘best in class’ event support with; Full Road Closures via Traffic Management, Aid Stations (food and drink) x 4 locations on course, Mobile Mechanics on course, Medical Resources & if required Bus Sag Wagon Return Start Line. Additional to these elements, there are multiple layers of Police, Council and Event Management Resourcing on the event to ensure your ability to safely ride.
Register now to secure your position on course, starting in the recreational category with some clear space around you and the ability to ride at your own pace.
Course Map HERE and at page bottom
|MAY & JUNE||JULY & AUG||SEP||OCT||NOV|
|130KM REC CAT PRICE||$209||$215||$235||$245||$255|
– $10 discount for Cycling Australia Members.
– Additional 10% Discount for Groups of 4 or more that pay in one transaction OR as part of a ‘Group’, set up in your registration. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about setting up a group and getting 10% off all riders.
– Rider Friendly COVID-19 Registration Protection Policy HERE
– Plus booking and merchant fee
- Fully Closed Roads
- Fundraise your way to the front of your start group and earn other great fundraising rewards
- Free rider photos
- Online Safety Briefing
- Sponsor Discounts
- Numbered Timing and Helmet Sticker plus course Mokka
- Rider Guide
- AID Station Food and Drinks
- SAG Wagon Support
- Medical Support
- Police Support
- Moto Scout Support
- Post Race Recovery Area
- Date: Sunday 8th November 2020
- Start Time: 08:00am
- Start Location: Mountjoy Parade, Lorne, Victoria, Australia
- Distance: 130km
- Format: Fully Closed Road Timed Recreational Ride
- Start Groups: 18-20km/h, 21-25km/h, 26-30km/h, 30+km/h
- Minimum Age: 16 years (Age at 8 Nov 2020)
- Entries Close: Midnight Wednesday Prior to Event
- Event Village Hours: Saturday 7 Nov 10:00am-4:00pm Sunday 8 Nov 7:00am-4:00pm