Winners Event Nutrition
Winners Sports Nutrition are proud to be the Official Energy Bar, Energy Gel & Chew of Amy’s gran Fondo 2019. Winners energy products have been developed for cyclists and are used and recommended by cycling champion Cadel Evans.
Amy’s Gran Fondo Nutrition Tips
- Aim to consume 30 – 60g of carbohydrate per hour of riding
- Eat and drink consistently on the ride. Set your watch alarm to go off every 20mins as a reminder
- Eat high carbohydrate foods and taper training in the days leading up to the ride
- Eat foods containing carbs and protein within 30mins of completing a ride to aid recovery
- Test your nutrition plan prior to the ride. People respond differently to different foods, make sure your body can cope under ride conditions.