August ‘Nearly Event Day’ Pricing: $280* (Age Group)
Now until 30/8/2019
* Plus booking and merchant fee, $10 discount for Cycling Australia Members.
Wiggle Amy’s Gran Fondo is one of the few events on the Australian cycling calendar that provides the safe and unique experience of riding on a fully closed road. Coupled with a compulsory online safety briefing for all riders, Wiggle Amy’s Gran Fondo aims to be the safest event in Australia. A ‘Gran Fondo’ is an age-old Italian cycling term, meaning ‘great endurance’. Traditionally a Gran Fondo is a timed event that has a scenic, challenging, mountainous course. The distance, terrain and sensational scenery of the Surf Coast and Colac Otway regions makes for a challenging ride and the ideal location for a Gran Fondo.
The 2019 event sees an additional 10km added to the course between Deans Marsh and Forrest. Although the course path towards Birregurra township has added to the overall kilometers covered, the elevation gained only varies from +1,870 m to +1,903 m in the change from the 2018 120km to the 2019 130km, showing a fast section.
Participants in the Age Group event will go in the running to qualify for the 2020 UCI Gran Fondo World Championships with the top 25% in each age group being invited to the event.
Over $20,000 prize money for Age Group, Overall, Team and KOM categories – Read More
Fundraise your way to the front of your start group and earn other great fundraising rewards – Read More
2019 Wiggle Amy’s Gran Fondo Merchandise Sales Open https://amysgranfondo.org.au/apparel/
- Fully Closed Roads
- Fundraise your way to the front of your start group and earn other great fundraising rewards
- Free rider photos
- Over $20,000 prize money for Age Group, Overall, Team and KOM categories
- UCI Gran Fondo World Championship Qualification opportunity (finish in top 25% of your age group)
- Online Safety Briefing
- Sponsor Discounts
- Numbered Timing and Helmet Sticker plus course Mokka
- Rider Guide
- AID Station Food and Drinks
- SAG Wagon Support
- Medical Support
- Police Support
- Moto Scout Support
- Post Ride Recovery Area
- Date: Sunday 15 September 2019
- Start Time: 08:00am
- Start Location: Mountjoy Parade, Lorne, Victoria, Australia
- Distance: 130km
- Format: Fully Closed Road Age Group Qualifier for UCI Gran Fondo World Championships
- Age Groups: 16-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+ (Age at 31 Dec 2019)
- Minimum Age: 16 years (Age at 16 September 2019)
- Entries Close: Midnight Wednesday 11 September
- Event Village Hours: Saturday 14 September 10:00am-4:00pm Sunday 15 September 7:00am-4:00pm