UCI Gran Fondo World Series Event Entry – Age Category
Amy’s Great Ocean Road Gran Fondo is the safest and most spectacular Australian Cycle Event – featuring fully closed roads of the Victorian Great Ocean Road & Otways.
A ‘Gran Fondo’ is an age-old Italian cycling term, meaning ‘great endurance’. Traditionally a Gran Fondo is a timed event that has a scenic, challenging, mountainous course. The distance, terrain and sensational scenery of the Surf Coast and Colac Otway regions makes for a challenging ride and the ideal location for a Gran Fondo.
The 2020 Age Category Event sees amateur riders race in the UCI World Gran Fondo Series with the top 20% in each age group being invited to the following year’s UCI Gran Fondo Series World Championship Event. Whether taking up the invitation or not, the honour of being a qualifier is highly sought after and something to be proud of achieving (Age Groups listed down the page). This Age Category Event is open to all riders.
Riders receive ‘best in class’ event support with; Full Road Closures via Traffic Management, Aid Stations (food and drink) x 4 locations on course, Mobile Mechanics on course, Medical Resources & (if required) Bus Sag Wagon Return to Start Line. Additional to these elements, there are multiple layers of Police, Council and Event Management Resourcing on the event to ensure your ability to safely race.
Click to Enlarge Static Map or Interactive Map at Page Bottom.
|130KM AGE CAT PRICE||$235||$245||$265||$280||$290|
– $10 discount for Cycling Australia Members.
– Additional 10% Discount for Groups of 4 or more that pay in one transaction OR as part of a ‘Group’, set up in your registration. Please email email@example.com for more information about setting up a group and getting 10% off all riders.
– Rider Friendly COVID-19 Registration Protection Policy HERE
– Plus booking and merchant fee
- Date: Sunday 8 November 2020
- Start Time: 07:30am
- Start Location: Mountjoy Parade, Lorne, Victoria, Australia
- Distance: 130km
- Format: Fully Closed Road Age Group Qualifier for UCI Gran Fondo World Championships
- Age Groups: 16-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+ (Age at 31 Dec 2020)
- Timing: All times are based off 'Gun Start' time (the time when the first rider of age group that passes Timing Start 1.1km from Start Arch). Riders who start in the incorrect wave will still receive a time, but will not be eligible to qualify for the World Championships.
- Minimum Age: 16 years (Age at 8 Nov 2020)
- Entries Close: Midnight Wednesday Prior to Event
- Event Village Hours: Saturday 7 Nov 10:00am-4:00pm Sunday 8 Nov 7:00am-4:00pm
- Fully Closed Roads
- Fundraise your way to the front of your start group and earn other great fundraising rewards
- Free rider photos
- UCI Gran Fondo World Championship Qualification opportunity (finish in top 20% of your age group)
- Online Safety Briefing
- Sponsor Discounts
- Numbered Timing and Helmet Sticker plus course Mokka
- Rider Guide
- AID Station Food and Drinks
- SAG Wagon Support
- Medical Support
- Police Support
- Moto Scout Support
- Post Ride Recovery Area